Monday, January 25, 2016

Top 5 World Problems | Health Issues


Google Images

1. Disease

Cancer, diabetes, digestive issues, sexual transmitted infections, and so on.

I feel that most every one carries a cancer gene in some form or the other. However, I strongly believe it is the environmental factors (things we do) that can turn on and off cancer. Diabetes (type-2) is nearly 100% preventable. A person's diet and personal decisions significantly affects the longevity and quality of their life. Sexually transmitted infections are another part to this topic. The most implementable solution is not falling into the habitual hookup lifestyle that seems to be the norm.



2. Obesity

"Most people have no idea how good their body is designed to feel." This I feel is a major issue in the world, more specifically in North America. The majority of people are living with various health issues that are caused/contributed to by obesity. I feel a practical solution that would at least contribute to helping this issue is educating people. I believe that schools should definitely teach children the importance of overall wellness from a early on. I also am a believer in the saying, "let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food". The world would be much more happy and healthy place if people understood how to implement this, and the importance of taking care of themselves.



3. FDA (Federal Department of Agriculture)

I feel that people put way too much trust into the FDA. Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) foods are deemed as "safe"by the FDA, however, numerous studies have shown otherwise. Among the other chemicals, preservatives, hormones/antibiotics included in processed foods, there is no way any of these aspects are good for the human body. Other continents, such as Europe from example, prohibit the use of many food ingredients that the FDA approves in America.



4. Pharmaceutical Industry

I believe that finding the root cause of a health related problem is the first step to truly healing. While I definitely believe prescription medication can be lifesaving in certain situations, most of the time prescription drugs treat one’s symptoms, rather than truly correcting the problem. Not to mention all of the side effects that come along with them. I think people should take preventative measures, such as taking care of their health by eating a plant-based diet and exercising.


5. People's Lack of Self Control


Many things come to mind for this one, but I will just name a few things. This not only ties into obesity, and general health issues, but it also goes along with why the world has criminals. People's lack of self control with food causes various diseases. People who lack self control while shopping may be inclined to steal. Lack of self control with alcohol, drugs, etc lead to numerous issues as well.
Although I don't believe there is a "fix all" for this issue, among other things, I do believe that everyone should meditate. Meditation helps literally everything, and certainly contributes to mindfulness, which I feel is linked to self control.


Obviously this topic is highly controversial. Everyone seems to form their own opinions on what the world's biggest problems are; terrorism, disease, famine, hunger, global warming, war, debt, etc. I wanted to spend some time discussing 5 problems that I feel are some real world problems people face, and also what I feel would be a practical. implementable solution to the issue.

2 comments:

  1. I really like that your posts focuses on the concern for health and well-being. This is such an important aspect that people take for granted. I strongly agree that we should start solving some of these problems by prevention and trying to stop them before they happen. In my post, I wrote about chronic diseases and I think one the main causes for some of these illnesses starts with the food we eat and what we put in them. I really like that you included sexually transmitted diseases in your list too. This is something I didn't think about. Great job! Here's the link to my post as well: http://rachelcmead.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-5-world-problems-rachel-mead.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca!

    I loved your post it was very well written and I had an amazing time writing it! I also agree with all 5 of your points especially with people's lack of self control. That's a huge point of mine as well! In my post I also talked about obesity as well! Hopefully these will get solved soon enough! Also I just wanted to say your page looks amazing!!!

    If you have a moment check mine out here!
    http://jhoreckyblog.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-5-world-problems.html

    ReplyDelete