Sunday, February 7, 2016

Customer Interviews No. 2

Fish hawk, Florida is a little community right outside of Tampa that has most everything you would find in a small city; grocery stores, banks, doctor offices, homes, parks, nature trails, water parks, some restaurants and so on. However, I often wonder to myself where all of the 'healthy' options are. Being a plant-based eater, I find it very difficult to find places to enjoy in this community that offer plant-based, vegan, healthy foods. It seems that unless I go to a grocery store myself and put some ingredients together, I am so out of luck. With this personal unmet need, I can't help but believe there may be others out there that would consider the restaurant options in this area as an unmet need for them as well. Whether one is Vegan, Vegetarian, or just wants some healthier options, I feel this is truly an unmet need in the Tampa bay area, particularly in the community of Fish hawk.
With this idea,  I spend sometime in the local park over the weekend, observing some active people enjoying the outdoors and time with their family. I interview five people to try and uncover if this truly is an unmet need in their area!



Questions being asked in interviews: 


  • Do you have any dietary restictions?
  • Do you prefer to go out to a restaurant to eat or cook at home? Why?
  • Where is your favorite place to eat in this area?
  • What makes the restaurant your favorite? 
  • What types of cuisine is typically your favorite? 

I approached many different types of people (shown below), most did not want to go on camera, but were happy to answer questions. 


Video/written interviews:

Interviews

1. Fish hawk Resident, Julie




2. Fish hawk Resident, Austin 
  • Do you prefer to go out to a restaurant to eat or cook at home? Why?
    • "I prefer eating at home...there aren't many foods in this area that are healthy, mostly fast food places, etc."
  • Where is your favorite place to eat in this area?
    • "That is a tough one... The Brunchery sometimes for breakfast with my buddies I would say is my favorite."
  • What makes the restaurant your favorite? 
    • "I like to eat healthy and workout, they have good breakfast options...Omelets and stuff for breakfast."
  • What types of cuisine is typically your favorite? 
    • "I like all types of foods, although I try to eat healthy as much as possible."

3. Fish hawk Resident, Josh (did not want to be filmed but didn't mind answering questions)
  • Do you prefer to go out to a restaurant to eat or cook at home? Why?
    • "I like to go out to eat most of the time, I like to be out and about and not have to worry about cooking at home." 
  • Where is your favorite place to eat in this area?
    • "I normally drive to Brandon or Tampa to find a restaurant because the options are limited in this area. One of my favorite restaurants is Bone Fish Grill" 
  • What makes the restaurant your favorite? 
    • "They have a good menu... some healthy options that taste good and great specials!"
  • What types of cuisine is typically your favorite? 
    • "I eat mostly seafood and Italian foods."

4. Fish hawk Resident, Lynn
  • Do you prefer to go out to a restaurant to eat or cook at home? Why?
    • "I like to meet with my friends from church at Panera bread or Chilis. That is just where we all have been going the last couple years..."
  • Where is your favorite place to eat in this area?
    • "If it's just myself, I like to go to the fresh market and get some healthy prepared foods."
  • What types of cuisine is typically your favorite to eat? 
    • "I really try to eat healthy... I eat a lot of salads and vegetables."

5. Fish hawk Resident, Michael
  • Do you prefer to go out to a restaurant to eat or cook at home? Why?
    • "I like to go out to eat, just wish there were more options in this area"
  • Where is your favorite place to eat in this area?
    • "I like the Sushi restaurant over by Stein mart. 
  • What makes the restaurant your favorite? 
    • "I have always been a sushi lover"
  • What types of cuisine is typically your favorite? 
    • "Sushi, but I would like to see some more healthier options to change it up."


Reflection

I realized from this assignment and interviews that there are many who do crave healthier options in the community of Fish hawk. Many of the people I spoke with seemed to leave the community for better food options but wish they had more options in their area. Without specifically asking about a plant-based restaurant, I learned that people are open-minded in this area and want to be more health-conscious. 

3 comments:

  1. Rebecca you did an outstanding job on your interviews and you posting on the blog. The interviews seemed very intuitive and the people seemed to elaborate on your questions. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it is really cool that you found a need in your own life, and applied your entrepreneur idea to fulfilling that gap. I also think that it is cool that you were able to interview people who live where you want to fulfill the need. Your reflection is great and seems like the answers you received were on point with your goal, which is really exciting! Here is a link to my blog if you want to check out my idea! http://thereseverything.blogspot.com/2016/02/theres-interviewing-customers-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hello Rebecca! I really enjoyed your post and I think you did a fantastic job with the interviews. I think that the questions you asked were engaging and provided answers that you need for this venture. You also spoke to the right people about your idea! I would say to continue to develop this idea, it sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete