Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 1 | Enjoy Being Nourished

Fish hawk, Florida is a growing community right outside of Tampa that has most everything you would find in a small city; grocery stores, banks, doctor offices, homes, parks, nature trails, water parks, some chain restaurants, fast food places and so on.

However, I often wonder to myself where all of the nutritious options are. Being a community full of families who strive to live a healthy fitness lifestyle, food is a big issue. Fast food places (such as McDonalds, Taco Bell, and Sonic), along with ice cream places, and a few chain restaurant that let's just say are..."eh", make up the food options in this community.

Being a plant-based eater, I personally find it very difficult to find places to enjoy in this community that offer plant-based, vegan, healthy foods. It seems that unless I go to a grocery store myself and put some ingredients together, I am so out of luck.

With this personal unmet need, I can't help but believe there may be others out there that would consider the restaurant options in this area as an unmet need for them as well. Whether one is Vegan, Vegetarian, or just wants some healthier options, I feel this is truly an unmet need in the Tampa bay area, particularly in the community of Fish hawk.





That is why I created the idea of Rare Earth Organics Cafe.

Rare Earth Organics is 100% organic, plant-based cafe that specializes in gourmet cuisines.
I want to bring a restaurant to the market that offers creative plant-based cuisine that is both rich in flavor and of course, nutrient dense. This cafe will offer a unique environment that focuses on supporting nutritional wellness and sustainability for every person who walks into the door. Rare Earth Organics will ensure to select the finest organic ingredients while also supporting local farmers, sustainable agriculture and environmentally friendly products.


4 comments:

  1. Rebecca, your venture is on target for a growing market. I love that you speak slowly and clearly, and I can tell you believe in Rare Earth Organics. The pitch ends somewhat abruptly, and I think it may benefit you to have 3/4 of yourself on screen because it looks like you speak with your hands/body. When you speak with your hands and they aren't on screen, you look like you're rocking back and forth. I can tell you're confident so I don't want to see nervous rocking distract from your pitch. Other than that, you may want to memorize your pitch so you don't have to refer to notes, but I thought it was well-composed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'oh. My pitch is here: http://adventuresinent.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no1.html. Because the health food market is cornered here in Pinellas, I went a different route :)

      Delete
  2. I like that you started the pitch with what the town already has, so we can clearly see what they are missing. You spoke very clearly and had great pronunciation. You didn't say "um" or stumble over your words at all. It was pretty obvious that you were looking at your notes, but I didn't think you were looking too much. Overall, I think you did a great job and I love your business idea. My pitch deals with convenient grocery shopping, check it out: http://rachelsentrepreneurship.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea. There is a clear need for something like that in the town so your idea would perfectly fill that need. Especially because today so many people are turning to being more health-conscious and trying to eat healthier and lighter, your store would be the best option for them as well. Great job! You can find my elevator pitch here: http://collinpd.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-1.html.

    ReplyDelete