Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 2 | Revise & Reflect

Rare Earth Organics is 100% organic, plant-based cafe that specializes in gourmet cuisines.


As I mentioned in my first pitch, Fish hawk, Florida is a growing community that is located close to the heart of Tampa. This community is continuing to develop and already has most everything you would find in a small city; grocery stores, banks, doctor offices, homes, parks, nature trails, water parks, some chain restaurants, fast food places, etc.

I see many people in this town striving to be health conscious and live an active lifestyle with their families. Being a community full of families who strive to live a healthy fitness lifestyle, food is a big issue. Fast food places (such as McDonalds, Taco Bell, and Sonic), along with some ice cream places, and a few chain restaurant that let's just say are..."eh", make up the food options in this community.

As a plant-based eater, I personally find it very difficult to find places to enjoy in this community that offer foods that fit my dietary needs such as plant-based, vegan, gluten free, non-processed healthy foods. With this personal unmet need, I can't help but believe there may be others out there that would consider the restaurant options in this area as an unmet need for them as well. Whether one is Vegan, Vegetarian, or just wants some healthier options, I feel this is truly an unmet need in the Tampa bay area, particularly in the community of Fish hawk. That is why I created the idea of Rare Earth Organics Cafe.

I want to bring a restaurant to the market that offers creative plant-based cuisine that is both rich in flavor and of course, nutrient dense. This cafe will offer a unique environment that focuses on supporting nutritional wellness and sustainability for every person who walks into the door. Rare Earth Organics will ensure to select the finest organic ingredients while also supporting local farmers, sustainable agriculture and environmentally friendly products.

Note: I have been recovering from being sick, so forgive my pitch isn't as dynamic as I would have liked. 


Thanks for watching!

Reflection:
I appreciate all of the feedback from my first elevator pitch. Although I have been getting over being sick, I certainly can say I felt more comfortable speaking to the camera and giving my pitch the more I practiced. 
I tried to dress more professional in this pitch. Also, I aimed to have a better camera view (as was suggested to me in the first pitch.) 

5 comments:

  1. I like your idea, Rebecca. Lately I’ve seen a lot of trends to start eating healthier. I’ve even seen a lot of elevator pitches involved with eating healthier (mine included). I agree that there really are not a whole lot of options and I think the way you laid out your pitch is really good. It’ll be interesting to see if there is anything different (rubric wise) with elevator pitch assignments 3 & 4. Hope you feel better!

    http://tmvuf.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I actually am vegan! I love your idea, plant based restaurants are so good and there needs to be more of them. I think your idea is amazing. My suggestion would be to speak with more passion. Here is my idea!

    http://bonanient3003.tumblr.com/post/139515823174/week-7-elevator-pitch-2

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is so great, I think that a healthy lifestyle and veganism is a great route to take. Although sometimes I wonder if it would develop a significant following, how would you market your product in a way that people who favor meat would also be intrigued? This idea had great potential and you should do a lot more research and develop marketing ideas, feel free to check out my post, I think your idea shows creativity and a deeper understanding of food culture and overall wellness options. I think that you should look more into ways you can implement this proposal and really understand your target market and its features. Who do you think will be interested in your idea? Feel free to check out my post,http://jessjohns1.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every once in a while I will see blogs and adds about plant based diet but I never took the time to fully understand, however after reading your post your concept of a plant base diet really took root with me (no pun intended). Your concept of a plant based diet could definitely work as as an alternative to all the junk food that is being sold. My question however is how you can make it more appealing than fast food and at an attractive price point. However one thing is true though I wish you could have a plant based franchise in every community as this would lower the risk of diabetes and high blood pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every once in a while I will see blogs and adds about plant based diet but I never took the time to fully understand, however after reading your post your concept of a plant base diet really took root with me (no pun intended). Your concept of a plant based diet could definitely work as as an alternative to all the junk food that is being sold. My question however is how you can make it more appealing than fast food and at an attractive price point. However one thing is true though I wish you could have a plant based franchise in every community as this would lower the risk of diabetes and high blood pressure. please visit my blob at http://politicalhopper.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete