Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Very Short Interview, Part 2

This is a very short interview of Entrepreneur and Owner of Karma Yoga & Fitness, Megan Smith Hochheimer. 

I attached the first interview to show the differences in questions. Since Megan was out of town, I sent here a message to follow up the interview. I attached her answers below:

New questions: 


What is your perspective on the word "failure"?

Megan: "I don't really believe in complete failure. Everything that happens to you in life is a learning experience. What you do after the failure is what matters. Perseverance is what you have to focus on in every circumstance. 

Can you give me an example of a time you failed and how you overcame it?

This is a personal one. When I got married I was very young. I had two kids with my ex husband, and like most people, I never thought I would ever get a divorce. When I did, I was devastated. I felt like I failed myself, my marriage, and especially my kids. I did not know what the future held. When I met my current partner, I realized that things were working out the way they should. I was able to fulfill my dream (and partners dream) of opening a yoga studio together. Now here we are :)"


In this video, Megan shares some great tips for anyone aspiring to pursue there own dream as an entrepreneur.




Megan Smith-Hochheimer earned her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Florida in 2001. It was at UF that her yoga practice began, with a book that taught her one pose every day to combat stress. In 2003, she began a career in fitness, teaching group exercise classes at Fort Hood, Texas. Megan has taught a wide variety of classes, including Zumba, Les Mills Classes, Boot Camp, Core Strength, Yoga, and she works one-on-one with clients as a Personal Trainer and Reiki practitioner. 

Megan recognized an unmet need in her town and fulfilled it successfully. As her business, Karma Yoga & Fitness continues to grow, Megan continues to prove that with hard work, determination and passion, dreams are possible!

Megan is gifted yoga instructor, personal trainer, and mother. She and her partner Nooie, provide a positive experience in the studio for each person who walks through the door. If you ever happen to be in the Tampa Bay area and you are interested in taking care of your mind & body, I highly recommend checking out this studio, located just outside of Tampa, Florida in Valrico.

More info on her work: 
www.karmayogafitness.com
Her Instagram: @karmayogafitness
http://Instagram.com/karmayogafitness

I realized that I've come a long way in this class. One thing that this class has taught me is how truly difficult failure is. At first, I did not want to have to admit to my failures. As I reflected on what I've learned from this class I realized that failure is only a first attempt in learning and it only truly happens when you give up. I love this quote by Michael Jordan, it really sums up the meaning of "failure". Overall, this class has taught me that perseverance wins over any failure.

Also, another thing I have developed in this course is the love of blogging. I enjoy the creating new blog posts and the creative activities that are challenging and fun at the same time. I feel that it is somewhat of a creative outlet for me. Pushing yourself outside my comfort zone and being creative is certainly the way of keeping up with the requirements of this course.





3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your post. I think it is great that you attached your original interview to give people a chance to compare and contrast the two and see how far you have come in this class. I greatly agree with your reflection, I think one of the greatest challenges and benefits of this class is learning how to deal with failure and use it to your advantage.
    Link to my blog...
    http://marcocraparottaent3003.blogspot.it/2016/04/very-short-interview-part-2-week-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like the previous assignment we had earlier, everyone has had failures in their lifetime. I really enjoyed how you ventured to ask her about a time she has failed. Just like how every entrepreneur has failed, we sometimes my fail too along our journey of life. Like she eventually realized, time still new forwards and new opportunities are quick to emerge.

    http://thedailyschlak.blogspot.com/2016/04/very-short-interview-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete